In the field of mining, there are many challenges associated with the transport of bulk materials. To meet these requirements, rubber conveyor belts are increasingly being used. This flexible and durable form of conveyor belt has found wide application in the mining industry, ensuring not only safe transport, but also the efficiency of raw material handling processes. In this article, we will discuss the most common type of rubber conveyor belt and present examples of its use on conveyors in the mining industry. In addition, we will highlight the benefits of using rubber conveyor belts in the mining industry.
The most commonly used type of rubber conveyor belt:
The most popular type of rubber conveyor belt in the mining industry is the general-purpose fabric-rubber conveyor belt . Belts of this type are designed for the transport of loose materials in conditions where there are no special requirements regarding the working environment and the properties of the transported materials. In addition, the most commonly used tapes are made of EP (polyester-polyamide) or PP (polyamide-polyamide) spacer fabric. General-purpose fabric-rubber conveyor belts are characterized by a fabric-rubber core with 2-5 plies and rubber carrying and running covers, along with rubber edges. In accordance with PN-EN ISO 14890 or DIN 22102, covers and edges can be made of different classes of cover rubber.
Examples of using rubber conveyor belts on conveyors in the mining industry:
Rubber conveyor belts have found wide application on conveyors in the mining industry, enabling efficient and safe handling of various materials. Here are some examples of their use:
- Transport of stone, gravel, sand and cold clinker.
- Transfer of non-aggressive chemical products.
- Manipulation of coke and crops.
- Transportation of building materials and other raw materials.
Rubber conveyor belts – advantages of using in mining:
The use of rubber conveyor belts in mining is associated with many benefits. That is why they contribute to the efficiency and safety of transport processes. Here are some of the advantages of the solution:
- Tensile strength: They are known for their high tensile strength. This allows you to carry heavy loads and raw materials.
- Flexibility: Rubber belts are flexible and can adapt to the shape of the materials being conveyed, which facilitates the transport process.
- Abrasion resistance: They are resistant to abrasion, which extends their life and reduces the need for frequent replacement.
- Safety: Rubber bands are anti-static and meet safety standards, which is crucial in mining environments where there is a risk of explosion
To sum up, rubber conveyor belts are a reliable solution in mining, enabling efficient handling and transport of various materials. The most commonly used type of belt is a general-purpose fabric-rubber conveyor belt, made of EP or PP sandwich fabric. These belts are used in the transport of stone, gravel, sand, clinker, chemical products, coke, agricultural products, construction materials and other raw materials. Using this type of belt brings many benefits, such as tensile strength, flexibility, abrasion resistance and ensuring safety in the mining environment.
More information and available products can be found at www.ctp.pl.